(Really long. Sorry but I wanted to let it all out)
Let me set the scene before I tell you the details. And please let me know if this happens to anyone else my age
I’m 23 and almost every man or woman over 30 that I meet is surprised by that, they all think I look much younger, around 18-19. I have a baby face and the only compliment I ever get is that I’m ‘cute’ But I am not a push over! I do stand up for myself but in the instances Im giving you I guess I feel I can’t be outrightly rude. Also I work in a male dominated field (media of sorts) and this has all happened there mostly with very old men 50-70s
NOW WHY THE HELL do all these old men around me try to touch me in some way (not sexually but still a breech of personal space)
* told an old guy he was wrong about something (Age range 60s) we laughed it off and he went to touch my shoulder as a sorry i guess? then probably realised he shouldn’t so just awkwardly hung it in the air and then kinda leant it forward to try again but didn’t (like he couldn’t stop himself? Weird)
* Incel guy Age 24 used to walk up to me and poke me (found out he liked me, dude grow up! who pokes someone at our age?) I’ve since reported him so he has stopped
* I was sitting on a couch at work and a man in his 50s who I have talked to before about books and thought was normal, squeezed himself right between me and the arm rest of the couch. We were touching thighs so I moved straight away and he said “you don’t have to move if you don't want too” and laughed, I just laughed it off but was like why did he do that??
*same man above has come up behind me before the couch incident and used his pointer fingers to tickle my waist and said “tickles” I kind just went quiet as he walked off because I was honestly stunned to silence. We did just talk about his daughter who is my age so I thought oh he sees me as a kid but then the couch incident happened and I'm keeping my distance
*went out for drinks with all the work people, one woman’s husband (50s) was talking to the group (we were in a little circle) put his hand on my shoulder and leant over me for a good minute saying good bye to everyone and then turned to me and shook my hand asking if we had met before while still gripping my shoulder. Made me really uncomfortable (they also have a daughter my age)
* husband of my mums cousin (70s), who I haven’t seen since I was a child and have no relationship with had to get past me in their kitchen and went behind me and grabbed my shoulders with both his hands as he squeezed past. NO NEED! Just ask me to move don’t fucking touch me.
* delivery guy (50s) got the wrong address we were laughing because we both couldn't really understand what each other was saying and when he was saying sorry held my shoulder and was kinda patting it. It happened really fast and Then he left but I still felt weird that he would do that to a stranger?
Let me make it clear NO OLDER WOMEN has EVER touched me at work EVERRR and none of my mums friends or random women do either it’s just these entitled fucks
I’ve noticed this is all happened this year as I feel older women and family members have started to say my Face is maturing and im getting prettier but It just seems that these scrotes can’t stop fucking touching me and it makes me angry. How dare they think they have the right to do that!!! I must look so innocent to them?? It pisses me off, especially since I don’t have the full confidence in that department to get them to stop. :(
Do any other women here ever experience this? How do I stop them? What would you do? I hate feeling like prey, even though I’m not scared of them at all I just get the vibe that they feel they can do anything they want to me. I wish I could punch them honestly 😪